Swashy Valentine's Day Playlist
Do you listen to music? So do we, and because you asked for it, here is our Valentine's Day playlist of songs that give us the feelgoods.
(You can also check the playlist out here.)
- eels - Fresh Feeling
Fresh Feeling is the perfect soundtrack for when someone gives you butterflies in your stomach.
- Reggie and The Full Effect - We Make a Breakfast
Reggie and The Full Effect can always pick me up, no matter the mood. And if you’d like to know their opinion on lunch, check out “F.O.O.D. AKA Aren’t You Hungary” (ft. Hungary Bear.)
- Etta James - Sunday Kind of Love
Josh and I danced to At Last at our wedding so this is like my anthem for the marriage.
- A Fine Frenzy - You Picked Me
Makes me feel about belonging.
- Beatles - She’s a Woman
- Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Stars Fell on Alabama
- Eagles - The Long Run
- On An On - It’s Not Over
- Guy Clark - Anyhow I Love You
- Shame, Shame - Dr. Dog
- Dave Rawlings Machine - Sweet Tooth
- Billy Joel – Still Rock and Roll to Me
- Anderson .Paak - Come Down
These songs always make me sing out loud.
- Vance Gilbert - Highrise
- Billy Vera & the Beaters - At This Moment
- Huey Lewis & The News - ‘Til the Day After
- Jonathan Brooke - God Only Knows, (cover)
- The Weepies - Gotta Have You
- The Police - Next to You
- Katrina - Walkin' on Sunshine
- The Romantics - What I Like About You
- WE ARE TWIN - The Way We Touch
Bob Schneider - 40 Dogs (Like Romeo and Juliet)
“. . . you’re the color of the color part of the Wizard of Oz movie . . . we're like good times that haven’t happened yet, but will . . . you grab the money and I’ll grab the jewels . . . come out tonight, come out with me baby . . . we’ll turn a close shave into a woo hoo. . . “ – I mean, c’mon, that’s a real love song.
- The Wallflowers - How Good It Can Get
- The Jayhawks - I’m Gonna Make You Love Me
We danced to this song at our wedding.
Joe Ely - All Just to Get To You
(...but the version performed with Bruce Springsteen on Youtube is magical.)
- Jay Z - Girls, Girls, Girls
- Loves Train - Con Funk Shun
- Chromeo - Don't Turn The Lights On
- Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg - Je T'aime Moi Non Plus
Apparently this last one was banned by the Vatican when it came out...lol.